Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Swimming Cities of Switchback Sea.

There are seven sister boats of Switchback Sea.

Althea is the steam boat built by Kinetic Steam Works from the Bay Area. A crew of KSW people came out and will be with us throughout the journey. I can't wait to learn about steam!!

Maria is next to Althea in the photo below. She is operated with a GASIFIER, and is supposed to run on stuff like coffee grinds and eggshells. Right now it still is powered by gasoline but that will be fixed soon! This is the boat that will host the majority of the performance, written by Lisa D'Amour. Alas I do not have a solo part but I will be singing my heart out in the group songs!




This is Alice. She is unbearably beautiful. I will grace you with photo's of her insides soon! I'm tempted to travel on this boat but am weary because of the lack of shade. I have a feeling though, that I will get to crew all the boats...



Speaking of crew - that's me. Deck hand. Today is filled with knot learning and water safety training and other important stuff. We even had a lecture on the history of the Hudson River. And amazingly - it is - mostly - safe to swim in these days!! (except after a rain storm or near sewage treatment plants of course)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?