Monday, February 05, 2007

UFO.


IMG_6360.jpg
Originally uploaded by jakedobkin.


Jake Dobkin took this photo..

I remember one night in NY right before I left for LA. A certain Gumpster was yelling so much I went to see what the hell was going on. She was having a very hard time working on a painting for school in Mr. UFO's studio and was yelling out her frustrations on the top of her powerful lungs. Mr. UFO was in painting mode. He kept right on painting under the voice of her yelling, calm and certain, as he just kept saying to her over and over again 'Art feels soooooo good' and 'Just keep doing it' and 'Art is sooooo fuuuuuuunnn'.

When I get really frusterated with something art-wise, I hear his voice from that moment of calm and certainty and it inspires me to just keep on doing 'it', whatever 'it' is...

Thanks Mr. UFO for that big little lesson... That truck looks tiiiiight... Especially the eyes in front..

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?