Sunday, February 04, 2007

I like this.



This video is from Graffiti Research Lab and Eyebeam

I visited Eyebeam a few years ago, probably in 2002 or 2003, with a friend of mine who was taking an art/tech class.. His teacher had something to do with Eyebeam, but I forget his name.. he brought us into his studio. It was a pretty sparse room with a bunch of tech-looking equipment. He said the installation project he was working on was sort of like a video game, and he invited us to walk around the room.

I took a step to the left and something that sounded like a machine gun went off behind me. It was a little unnerving. I walked forward and it sounded like I was being chased by dogs. Every step we took seemed to trigger an aggressive sound. Like we were being attacked.

He finally explained that we were inside the video game. That we were the ones being chased, and hunted. That our steps triggered the sensors that set off the different sounds based on where in the room we were.

It was only the preliminary testing (for the installation) that we had walked into but it was really cool.

Go Graffiti Research Lab. Go Eyebeam.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?