Monday, February 26, 2007

Christian Death played at my house Sat night!

Sat night was legendary fabulous!!

Honestly (and I hate to admit this) I did not know who Christian Death was before Sat night (I'm not so goth - y'know?) But my roommate is friends with them from when he lived in Berlin, and this past Sat night they played their first show since they got back together - in my backyard!!!

They were lovely rockstars, and Eva O sang beautifully and then I danced with her during DMT's set... (Also - I think DMT might be one of my new favorite bands. I couldn't stop dancing while they were playing, and I always love a band that does that!)

Tommy from Sky Parade (another amazing band!!) and my roommate Peter spent hours on Sat morn. setting up a great sound system and we rocked the fuck out till the break of dawn.

All the bands were amazing!

Death By Bass had this incredible home designed, crafted and built instrument that combined all these different electronic toys and keyboards on a sheet of wood. It was really colorful and great!

The range of musical genres was insane.. Drum/Bass Rock, to Electric Party Rap, to Indy-Emo, to Goth, to Reggae, Dancehall, Dub.

That's the way - uh huh, uh huh, I like it!

Thanks Mee and Dion, for bringing in the bands!!

Thanks Peter and Tommy for setting up all the sound and lights!! The tree looked beautiful lit in red!

Thanks to the fire stokers who kept the fire pit lit all night!

Thanks DJ Papalotl for DJing some of my favorite music so late in the night!! You are awesome!!

Thanks to all my amazing roommates!

Thanks to all the bands and DJ's including:

Death By Bass
Sky Parade
Christian Death
DMT
DJ Papalotl

Thanks to all the people who came out and drank all our beer!! We had a really, really good time, and we know you did also!!!

photo's to come!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?