Thursday, January 25, 2007

French racer crash at UCI WorldCup Classics..

This French racer had crashed on the velodrome a couple hours earlier during a race. He went down really hard. His skin-suit was shredded and ripped all up the side. He had patches of raw, bloodied skin and black friction burns all up his side, back and butt.

He was finally getting cleaned off by the first aid people when I started brazenly snapping pictures because he seemed so brave and I liked him. After a couple shots he looked at me, gave me this hammed up look and a grin and then went back to screaming in pain from the antibacterial sprays they were cleaning him with.

I told him to blow on his scrapes, that it would take the sting away. He said 'yeah?' and he started blowing on his elbow...

I told him 'that was a great race' and walked away as an official told me not to take photo's of him 'like that'..


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?