Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I wrote this Jan 24th 2006

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

OZZY! OZZY! OZZY!

OIY! OIY! OIY!

that's battlecry in Australian.

I finally caught up with Aussie Macca last night! He was painting a wall somewhere in Melbourne about a 40 min. bike ride from where I'm staying in St Kilda. He's got a rad studio with a bunch of lovely awesome incredibly creative other artists of his kind, as well as a print shop, some skate ramps, plenty of space, TONS of Aussie eye candy, and good energy all around. The kind of good energy I've seen in Australia since the second I got here.

THe people I've met here have been nothing but incredibly warm and open and friendly. No pretentiousness at all, just accomodating, and easy going, and brilliantly gorgeous.

Riding on the 'other' side of the street is totally weird and kinda hard, But remembering to look first right and then left, is harder. I almost got hit last night riding home lost without a map, (just a couple of stinkin' blocks from home of course) forgetting to look the right way. But thanks god - almost doesn't count. Every time I get on my bike out here - I just keep singing in my head "Go LEFT young man" So maybe I'll remember to stay on the left side of the road, and not drift to the right like I'm used to. It's hard to break patterns, huh?

Seriously though. If you are even considering (or not considering) coming out here for the CMWC's in Oct. - DO IT!! Get your ticket, make your financial comittment, don't leave it for the last minute. Come out here!! It is one of the most RAD places I've ever been!! I love it. I don't want to leave (and I'm still here for a week)!

They even have 7/11 slurpies, and lots of different kinds of Cadbury chocolate. yum!

I leave for Sydney and the Aussie Cycle Courier Champs tomorrow (which is also Australia Day - read: party super hard day). My flight arrives in Sydney at 4:20pm HAHA!!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?