Thursday, March 09, 2006

Monster Track 7


P1010325, originally uploaded by turd.

this is a photo of Trudy's that I swiped off her flickr page. I like it.

I didn't race Monster Track 7. I wanted to. It seemed like a fast, fun route. Oh well.

I got to W 120th St and 5h Ave, the starting point, very late but was happy to see that everyone's bikes were still locked up. I was about to lock up my bike and hike up the stairs when I saw everyone starting to run down. Ahhh. So close. Too bad. It would have been fun.

Instead, I got to shoot some photo's of the start (not many since I was so stunned by the onrush of racers, I barely had the thought to shoot for a second. I felt like a deer in headlights. And also like a rock with rushing water swirling around me. It was pretty awesome). Then I rode with Trudy down to E 68th St where she continued downtown and I stopped at Hunter to see if my ceramic work that I left there last semester got thrown out. It did. At least I know. I rode down to Tompkins Sq Park (where this lovely photo was taken) and hung out with Santana, Patty and Brad and all the rest of the checkpoint people there for a minute before riding over the Williamsburgh Bridge with Chad to the finish point, the RockStar Bar.

All in all it was a good day, pretty relaxing, and fun. It was nice to ride around NY for a minute, do an errand I'd been meaning to do all week (Hunter), hang out with people I don't usually see.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?